Regarding RSS feeds, do these accumulate in perpetuity if you do not access them every day? I could see that this would be an issue, if one did not access them frequently. Does anyone have issues with the amounts of feeds to read each day? If so, how do you handle that? Do you unsubscribe to some of them, place them in folders, or delete all even if all are not read?
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this....thanks!
NurseLibrarian is dedicated to those searching to combine skills to provide healthcare information to professionals and consumers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to the NurseLibrarian blog site!
Welcome to my site! Please stop by often to answer surveys, post thoughts on combining careers in medical libraianship, and to view health related websites for consumers.
Please take a few moments today to respond to the survey on skill sets needed for medical librarianship
Please take a few moments today to respond to the survey on skill sets needed for medical librarianship
3 comments:
I'll take a stab at this. Yes, they do accumulate in perpetuity, so accessing them regularly is a good idea. If you only have one or two feeds, that's obviously not necessary, but when you get up into the 50-100 feed range, keeping up is pretty important.
I arrange my stuff in folders: critical, low priority, libraries, technology, medical education, etc. I keep Boing Boing and Wired separate because they are both so prolific. When I get bogged down, I tend to mark all Boing Boing, Wired, and medical education feeds as read without even looking at them. Most days, I just glance at my low priority folder before marking them all as read. The only one that I really make sure I read, even if I've been gone for 2 weeks and there are over 100 new items, is my critical folder. That's the folder where I store the feeds I really feel I need to stay up to date with.
Thanks, Melissa, your comments help a lot. Perhaps I will need more experience and time to determine what I feel are critical feeds to keep track of!
Yes, I've been on vacation for the last 10 days, and I'm afraid to look at my RSS feeds... but I need to get caught up!
Post a Comment